- 1 whole Bangus or Milk fish
To marinate the skin you need:
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
To boil the Bangus meat you need:
- 3-4 cups of water
- 2 tsp. calamansi or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp. sweet relish
- 1 medium grated carrot
- 1/4 small can green peas
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- Oil for frying
- Clean the fish, de-scales by scraping the scales , then remove the gills, but be careful not to damage the skin, and slowly separate the guts from the stomach and rinse with cold water to make it clean
- Using rolling pen gently pound the fish to loosen the meat from the skin. Break the spine at the nape or just below the head and near tail. Then gently pull out the large bone while slowly pushing up the tail to turn the skin inside out. Remove much flesh as possible. WATCH THE VIDEO >>
- Then return the skin back to right position and marinate with soy sauce, lemon juice and sugar set aside while we preparing stuffing.
- To prepare the stuffing, boil water and lemon, add the fish meats and bone and bring to boil, and then remove from the heat, drain and let cool for few minutes then flake the fish meat and pick out bones.
- Sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes in oil, add fish meat, carrots, raisins and sweet relish cook for 5 minutes.
- Add green peas and cook for another 5 minutes, adjust the test with salt and pepper.
- Then remove from the heat cool down for 1-2 minutes, and then add beaten eggs to the mixture.
- Drain the marinated skin and stuff with cooked mixture.
- Wrap bangus with banana leaves or aluminium foil. And fry in hot oil.
- Slice when it slightly cool.