- 2kg Pork belly
- 1tbsp Salt
- 1tbsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 lemon grass
- Clean the pork belly
- Pound lemon grass with the dull edge of the cleaver to let the flavor out.
- Make a small incision at the side of the pork belly and insert the lemon grass
- Combine the salt and pepper and rub all over the meat
- Wrap pork belly with aluminium foil
- To have a crispy juicy Lechon, put the meat inside the freezer overnight.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 °C
- Remove the pork belly from the freezer and remove the aluminum foil.
- Roast the pork in a pre-heated oven for 1 hour.
- Brush the skin with dripping oil,
- Increase the heat to 200°C and roast for another 45mins. Skin should become crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, cut into a serving pieces and serve with lechon sauce.