- 1/2 lbs pork liempo (pork belly)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 laurel leaves (bay leaves)
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- water, for boiling
- oil (for frying)
- Cut the pork belly about 4 x 5 inches
- Combine some of the ingredients garlic, laurel leaves, peppercorn, salt, vinegar, water and pork belly in a pot and boil for about 20 mininutes on medium heat.
- Remove the pork belly and let it dry (air dry) for about 15 minutes or for more crispy skin pat the pork belly skin dry with a paper towel.
- then rub with black pepper and salt on the flesh only (not on the skin)
- Using a deep frying pan,fill it with oil enough to cover the skin of the pork belly fry liempo (pork belly) with the skin side first and then turn to other side after 5 minutes then continue until golden brown and blisters appear on skin.