- 1kg. squids
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 small bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 5 tbsp. cooking oil
- Clean the squids, remove the beak and gladius (pen)the transparent part at the back of the squid, and separate the head from the body.
- Cut the body into haft. Then wash and drain.
- Next, in a bowl combine all ingredients for marinating (pepper, salt, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, and water).
- Add squids and marinate for 1/2 hour. Then drain.
- In a pan, put oil and saute onions, add drained squid and saute for 10 to 15 minutes or until the juices is slightly evaporates.